Contact Information

St. Bernard Police Department
4200 Vine Street
St. Bernard, OH 45217

Check us out on Facebook

Village of St. Bernard Website

You are here: St. Bernard Police Department

Home Page Welcome

Welcome to the official website of the St. Bernard Ohio Police Department:

This page is not monitored in a realtime basis. If you need emergency services call direct to 513-242-2727 or call 911 for Fire Services. Most current information can be found on our FB and Twitter pages which are updated more frequently.

The mission of the St. Bernard Police Department is to safeguard the lives and property of the people we serve, to reduce the incidence and fear of crime, to resolve problems among citizens, and to enhance public safety and quality of life through the delivery of fair and impartial police services.

Check out our facebook (FB) page at; we post many police related items, current events and links to services.

Check out our twitter page at
If you want to receive crime alerts from us you can register at and send us a phone number/address for community call command alerts.

Not sure about the local laws? Check out the St. Bernard Codified Ordinances on ConwayGreene.

We have added an online payment option for St. Bernard Mayors Court at 

If you have any complaints or suggestions on how to improve this website or our FB page contact the Public Information Officer (PIO) LT Bill Ungruhe e-mail

If you have any information on open investigations call the PD at 242-2727 or the anonymous crime tip line at 860-SAFE (7233).

Below are answers to FAQ's and general information postings:
St. Bernard Village Information: If you are looking for information on St. Bernard Ohio, please visit the Village of St. Bernard website at  


The St. Bernard Police and Fire Departments have moved.  (Posted Dec 15, 2014)

The new location is located at the corner of Vine Street and East Mitchell Ave.

St. Bernard Safety Center (Police and Fire)
4200 Vine Street 
St. Bernard, OH 45217. 

St. Bernard Safety Center contact information is as follows: 

Police Dispatch (Emergencies and all other calls) 513-242-2727 
Fax 513-482-7234 
General email: 
Anonymous Crime Tip Line 513-860-7233

Fire Dispatch (Emergencies fire/medic calls) dial 911
Fire is dispatched thru the Hamilton County Communication Center (HCCC))
Non-emergency calls 513-242-9555

There is a public parking lot north of the lobby doors and bus stops at that location. Respond to the lobby doors by the portico for both police and fire services.

We look forward to providing years of continued quality service from this new location and we give thanks to our residents for their support with this new facility which will be has been dedicated to them. 

Any questions contact STBN PD Public Information Officer (PIO) LT Bill Ungruhe Email:


Community Emergency Alerts (Posted 5/27/14)
The Village has been sending out Community Safe Call Commands as a public service announcement for emergency notices and general information for the last several years. In light of the activity in Boston we want to remind our residents to take part in this service so that we can contact you in the event of a public emergency.

The call bank was initially setup with the 45217 zip code and the numbers were entered by street so that we could target a specific street or our entire Village as needed.
If you are not receiving notices just email me your phone number indicate if it is a cell or home phone your street address that you live on and I can add you to our list. Conversely, if you want to be taken off the list give me the same infromation and you will be removed.
You can be added to our list even if you have moved out of the Village. Some families do this to stay connected to elderly parents and things going on in the community.
Many times some of our seniors can't get to the phone fast enough and may not have an answering machine. If you just call the PD we can update you on the notices sent out.

LT Bill Ungruhe STBN PD Public Information Officer (PIO)

PS. We also have the Nixle Service which you can receive alerts from. Just go to and sign-up for those notices too.

Spring Home Safety Checklist (
Posted 4/7/14)

Spring is the time many people prepare for the warm months to come by storing winter decorations and clothing, and ridding the home of unnecessary items during spring cleaning. However, spring is also the optimal time to test home *safety features and plan for emergency situations. Use the following checklist to keep your family safe this spring:
Test carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms.
 •Change batteries, if necessary.
 • Replace smoke detectors every 10 years. 

Replace light bulbs (outside and inside).
Check your house for broken items and discard appropriately.
Clean out your medicine cabinet and discard any expired or unused medications properly. Talk to your city or county government trash and recycling service or your local pharmacist for medicine disposal sites in your area.

Check your fire extinguisher.
 •Make sure safety seals, tamper indicators and maintenance tags are not broken or missing.
 •Examine for signs of physical damage, corrosion, leakage, or a clogged nozzle.
 •Check the pressure gauge reading or indicator. It should be in the operable range or position.
 •Recycle and replace, if necessary.

Plan and practice your family emergency plan. 

Check your first aid kit and replace any missing supplies:
•Adhesive strip bandages in several sizes
 •Bandage compress
 •Sterile rolled/flexible bandages
 •Triangle bandages
 •Sterile bandage tape
 •Disposable latex and non-latex gloves
 •CPR breathing barrier (face shield)
 •Antibiotic treatment
 •Antiseptic wipes/towelettes
 •Germicidal hand wipes or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
 •Cold pack
 •Disposable bags
 •Non-prescription medication acetaminophen, ibuprofen, anti-diarrhea medicine, antacids, laxatives
 •First aid manual
Source: List provided by the National Safety Council


FAQ - Do you have any identity theft website resources?  (Posted 5/1/14)

Below are good links and the credit reporting agencies contact information:
http://ohioattorneygen...v/IdentityTheft (888) 400-5530 E-mail
http://www.privacyrigh...t-data-breaches Internet Crime Complaint Center
Contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to report the situation, whether Online,
By telephone toll-free at 1-877-ID THEFT (877-438-4338) or TDD at 202-326-2502, or
By mail to Consumer Response Center, FTC, 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20580.
Social Security Fraud Hotline (800) 269-0271 National Fraud Information Center National Crime Prevention Council Electronic Privacy Information Center Cell phone and Long Distance Fraud

Crediting-reporting Bureaus - Fraud Alerts:

Equifax: 1-877-576-5734;
P.O. Box 740256 Atlanta, Georgia 30374

Experian: 1-888-397-3742;
P.O. Box 9554 Allen, Texas 75013

TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289;
P.O. Box 6790 Fullerton, CA 92834

Other Related Contacts: National do not call registry (888) 382-1222 or (866) 290-4236
https://www.dmachoice.o...D0CF84C.tomcat2 E-mail preference service
FAQ - What do I have to do to get a concealed carry permit? (Posted 5/1/14)

The steps to obtain a permit in Ohio are located at the Ohio Attorney General's Website:

You must obtain a compet...ency certificate from a certified instructor (Minimum 12 hours - 10 instruction 2 handson) and then you must submit your application to the Sheriff's Office. You must meet a residency requirement, complete a criminal records check, and not have a CPO/TPO in place to be eligible. Some criminal convictions may make you in-eligible.

This handbook goes into detail on all of these steps:

Below is a link to the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office and what their requirements are to obtain a permit:

Crime Prevention Links - Common Scam/Fraud's (Posted 4/26/12)
Watch out for scams.....These links may help to educate you on current trends or would be a starting point to report the fraud. Please share your stories with your friends to keep them from becoming victims. Many times, these criminals will target our seniors. Let's keep them safe.
Filing a complaint? (Posted 4/22/12)

It is the policy of the St. Bernard Police Department to promptly investigate allegations of misconduct or wrongdoing by department members and to take appropriate action as to discipline, policy change, or exoneration.

A complaint means that someone is dissatisfied with our performance.
Complaints help us to recognize and correct deficiencies in our service to the community.

Depending on the severity of the complaint, there are two methods of complaint resolution. The first and most common option is the Citizen Complaint Resolution Process (CCRP) and the second is an Internal Affairs Investigation.

We value the opportunity to provide service in a manner which is fair, courteous, responsive and efficient We respect and protect the worth, dignity and rights of all, regardless of religion, race, sex, or position.

How do I initiate a complaint against police department personnel? A complaint may be initiated in person, by telephone, email or by letter. Complaints can be filed 24 hours a day with a police supervisor. During regular business hours, other administrative personnel are also available to take complaints. Complaints are completed on a citizen complaint form. The best manner to do this is in person so that we can get the most information possible to resolve the complaint. When the complaint is filed the supervisor will advise you as to which method we will utilize to resolve the complaint.

If I am under 18 years old, do I have the right to file a complaint? Yes, just have a parent or legal guardian present with you.

Must I give my name to give a complaint? No, however, anonymous complaints can be difficult to investigate and thus the conclusion might not be what you expected. Also, if the investigation results in criminal action against the employee, you may be needed for successful prosecution.

Complaints of Innocence vs. Guilty? In situations involving only the contention of innocence of a charge placed by a police officer you should not file a complaint but rather seek judicial redress through established court procedures.

Will the Officer know that I have made a complaint? Yes, the officer will be advised of the allegation made against him/her and, if the complainant has identified himself, that identity is provided to the officer.

Need I be concerned about possible retaliation for making a complaint? Absolutely Not! It is essential that public confidence be maintained so that we may properly and investigate and adjudicate complaints. This has not been a problem in the past, but if there is any negative contact from the officer in question after the complaint is filed, you should contact that officers supervisor immediately.

What will happen to the Officer? If the investigation shows misconduct, the officer will be disciplined according to the seriousness of the rules violation. Disciplinary actions range from oral reprimand to suspension or in extreme cases, termination. If the allegation is criminal in nature, the case will be presented for prosecution. Other appropriate remedies include policy changes and retraining.

How long will the investigation take? Minor complaints are often handled immediately. The investigation of serious charges may take up to thirty days unless circumstances necessitate additional time.

Will I be notified of the results of the investigation? Yes, once the investigation has been completed. If you identified yourself, you will be informed of the results in a face to face meeting or by letter depending upon which route the complaint takes.

What happens during a Citizen Complaint Resolution Process Meeting? This process involves a polite and thoughtful meeting of department officials with the complainant and the officer involved. This is not a trial or an attack on either party. Rather, it is a method to open up dialogue to educate all parties involved. The complainant and officer involved receives the opportunity to discuss the matter in a non-confrontational setting. At this time the investigating supervisor will share the results of the investigation and the action to be taken in regards to the complaint. This process enables us to strengthen citizen police relations by showing citizens we are open to dialogue and willing to fix problems as they occur.

What if I am not satisfied with the results of the investigation? You may contact the St. Bernard Chief of Police and then the Safety Director, or in the case of possible criminal violations, you may contact the Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office.

Warning on False Complaints: It is against the law (ORC 2921.15) to knowingly make a false complaint against a peace officer alleging that the officer engaged in misconduct, if you know that the allegation is false. If you make a false complaint against an officer you will be prosecuted. This offense is an M1.

Need more Information? If you have any questions regarding this procedure or assistance in filing a complaint, contact the St. Bernard Police Department at 242-2727 and ask to speak to the Supervisor (Lieutenant or Officer in Charge).

Seniors Citizens one of our valued Village resources (Posted 4/22/12)
If you know of a senior in need of services (Dial A Ride, Meals on Wheels, Medical Ride etc.) please let us know so we can get them with the Village nurse etc.

You can contact t...he PD 242-2727 or City Hall 242-7770 and we will get them connected to services.

Here are some links to help with senior related issues so we can care for these citizens and get them connected to services:

Administration on Aging
Alzheimer's Association
American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry AAGP
American Association of Retired Persons AARP
American Society on Aging
Generations United
Golden Buckeye Card
Life Alert
Long Term Care Link
National Council on Aging
National Institute on Aging
National Resource Center on Aging and Injury http://www.eldersafety...index.php...ces
Ohio Association on Aging
Ohio Department on Aging
Senior Services Cincinnati
Senior ServicesSW Ohio
Seniors Computer Education
Seniors Corps
Seniors Safety
Social Security Benefit Calculators

LT Bill Ungruhe STBN PD PIO
Phone 242-2727
Fax 482-7234


Fight drugs in our Village! (Posted 4/22/12)

Due to the lower cost, we have been seeing an increase in the use of heroin and we continue to have issues with marijuana. Check out the DEA links below for images if you are not familiar with these drugs.

Be alert, call in suspicous activity. Please talk about the dangers of drugs with our kids and adults. There are only two outcomes of drugs: death and/or jail. Make a third option and seek treatment and recovery.

Below are some good resources
Drug Addiction Symptoms

 When an individual has a drug addiction there are many symptoms to be aware of. The drug addiction symptoms listed below are only a few in a long list of possible symptoms. Possessing only a few of these symptoms does not always imply that the individual in question is suffering from a drug addiction. Although, if the individual possess several and the possibility of drug addiction is a concern continue to be aware and supportive in their road of drug addiction recovery. 

Drug addiction symptoms:
 •Slow or staggering walk; poor physical coordination.
 •Changes in sleeping habits -- inability to sleep, awake at unusual times; or unusual sleepiness, laziness, sleeping at strange times.
 •Red, watery eyes; pupils larger or smaller than usual; blank stare.
 •Cold, sweaty palms; shaking hands.
 •Puffy face, blushing or pale skin.
 •Smell of substance on breath, body or clothes.
 •Runny nose; hacking cough.
 •Unexplained nausea, vomiting or excessive sweating.
 •Tremors or shakes on hands, feet or head.
 •Irregular heartbeat.
 •Weight loss.
If you have any information on drug activity call the PD at
242-2727 or the anonymous crime tip line at 860-SAFE (7233).


Block Watch Program (Posted 4/1/12)

Consider checking out the Block Watch Program - 3rd Tues of each month at 6:30 PM at City Hall.If interested contact Officer Derek Setters or Safety Director Rodney Chatman  The Block Watch members periodically go out and conduct crime prevention sweeps, conduct informative meetings about crime preventions and many other topic/activities. Come out and join your neighbors in keeping our community safe.

Sex Offender Information  (Posted 4/1/12)

Recently, we have had some inquiries with regards to tracking sex offenders in the community. The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office tracks these persons; see their link at:

Hamilton County Sheriff's Office -  Sex Offender FAQ's:

Classifications and Requirements:

Tier I offenders are required to register once a year, in addition to, every residence change for 15 years.
Tier II offenders are required to register every 180 days, in addition to, every residence change for 25 years.
Tier III offenders are required to register every 90 days for life, in addition to, every residence change.

Per 2950 of the Ohio Revised Code, all registrants are required to register their residence, telephone numbers, employment, higher education, vehicle(s) information, e-mail addresses and internet identifiers. Failure to register any of this information may lead to a warrant for the offender’s arrest. 

As of January 1, 2008, the State of Ohio no longer requires an offender to go through a Sexual Predator Hearing. When an offender is convicted, or pleas guilty to a sexually oriented offense, the charge associated with the conviction determines what classification the offender will be. For example: 2907.02 Rape is a Tier III offense.

All sex offenders are required to register their residence, employment and/or higher education with the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office within three (3) days of entering Hamilton County.

Juvenile Sex Offenders are subjected to some of the same requirements as the adult sex offenders. The exceptions are the 1000 foot ruling and displaying their information on the web-site. Per 2950 of the Ohio Revised Code, Juvenile Offenders convicted of Aggravated Murder, Murder, Rape, Attempt to Rape, Kidnapping, Sexual Battery and Attempt to Sexual Battery may be displayed on the Sheriff’s and State of Ohio’s web-sites. All other charges will not require their information to be displayed on the web-sites.

Residence Restrictions: The State of Ohio has passed a civil law that states no offender is allowed to reside within 1,000 feet of a school or state licensed daycare/pre-school. By law the Sheriff’s Office is not allowed to refuse any address given by an offender. This matter is a civil violation not a criminal violation.

For questions regarding this law or other ordinances passed, please contact the appropriate agency:

Anderson Township 513-474-5560
City Of Cincinnati Prosecutor’s Office 513-352-5333
City of Reading 513-733-4122
Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office 513-946-3000
Sycamore Township 513-791-8447
Ohio Adult Parole Authority 513-821-4804
Hamilton County Probation Office 513-946-9600

The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office is responsible for registration of offenders and notification to the community. We are not responsible for, nor are we legally permitted, to determine where an offender resides.

SORN History: The 1997 Federal Crime Act contained a provision called “The Jacob Wetterling Act”, which required all states to pass a sex offender registration and notification law. The law was enacted partly in response to the disappearance of 11 year old Jacob Wetterling, who was abducted at gunpoint as he rode his bike home from a convenience store in 1989. The crime remains unsolved. The Wetterling Act sets out minimum standards for the states’ sex offender and child victim offender registration programs. The State of Ohio started Sex Offender Registration July 1, 1997, and has been updated several times. For example, on January 1, 2002, SB 5 was passed, that added Juveniles to the registration requirements. On July 25, 2007, SB 10 was passed and put in effect January 1, 2008; these changes were inspired by the Adam Walsh Act, a Federal law.

If the offender is a Sexual Predator, does that mean the crime was worse? Prior to January 1, 2008, classifications in the state of Ohio came from a judge, generally the judge that heard the original case.

Classification of an offender is as follows:

If an offender is convicted of, or pleads guilty to a sexually oriented offense, that person is automatically classified as a sexually oriented offender. If the judge feels that a higher classification (i.e. Sexual Predator, Habitual Sex Offender) may be necessary, a Sexual Predator Hearing is held. Classifications were not mandated to any specific offense.

How do I find more information about someone on your website? or I’ve received a post card (community notification flyer), and I would like more information?

If you would like more information on an offender, inquiries should be directed to the county in which they were convicted. You may also visit the Hamilton County Clerk of Courts web-site. Some information may be available on offenders that have been incarcerated in the state prison on their site.

There is a sex offender living next to me, why wasn’t I notified?

Not all offenders are subject to community notification. The State of Ohio mandates that the notification of neighbors be done on selected Tier II and Tier III offenders.

The Sheriff’s Office recommends citizens to sign up for the electronic e-mail alert, this will inform you of any offender regardless of the classification.

There is an offender on your site that lives near a school and/or daycare, is he/she allowed to be there?

If an offender lives too close to a school or daycare, this is a civil matter, not a criminal matter.

Residence Restrictions: The State of Ohio has passed a civil law that states no offender is allowed to reside within 1,000 feet of a school or state licensed daycare/pre-school.

By law the Sheriff’s Office is not allowed to refuse any address given by an offender. This matter is a civil violation not a criminal violation.

For questions regarding this law, please contact the appropriate agency:
City Of Cincinnati Prosecutor’s Office - 513-352-5333
Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office - 513-946-3000

Any questions with regards to the type of crime and related sanctions etc. are handled by the Hamilton County Prosecutors Office; see there link at:

The recently created Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office Sexual Offender Unit is responsible for tracking registered sex offenders who reside within 1,000 feet of a school. This unit works closely with the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office as well as the Regional Planning Department to determine which offenders live within 1,000 feet of a school. When an offender registers an address too close to a school, the Prosecutor’s Office notifies the local law directors that the offender may be residing in violation of the law. The law directors then investigate and file law suits, if necessary, to have these offenders evicted. This unit oversees the implementation of the law and provides legal assistance to the local municipalities in prosecuting these law suits.

Civil Protection Orders (Posted 4/7/12)

We have received several inquiries on Civil Protection Orders. The Hamilton County Clerk’s Office recommends the following procedures for citizens interested in filing Civil Protection Orders (CPO’s).

To file a CPO, respond M-F at 8 AM to:

Hamilton County Court House
1000 Main Street
Room 315 (Located on the 3rd floor - Phone 946-5634)  
Cincinnati, OH 45202

When you come to the court house at 8 AM to get a court order, they will have you complete a petition, then they will take you to a court room at 815 AM to get the court order issued. This process may take 2-3 hours to see a judge, so don’t park at a meter.

You should have the person’s identifier’s (DOB etc.) and proof/justification for the order (I.e. Police reports, witnesses etc.)

(Note - You can get a petition from their office and/or get it online at and then come in for the court order.)

There are a few pre-requisites that apply:
•You must be a Hamilton County resident.
•You and the person you are filing against must be over 18 YOA.
•The parties must not be married or living together (if you are, you must go to 800 Broadway for a Domestic Relations Protection Order – or have them evicted then go to Room 315 to apply).
•The party you are filing against must have a good mailing address.

Any further questions regarding CPO’s, contact the Hamilton County Clerk’s Office at Phone 946-5634.

Citizen Complaint Procedure  (Posted 3/26/12)

1. Please indicate the number of contacts you have had with the St. Bernard Police Department over the past 12 months?  ____ One _____Two  ____ Three or more


2. What was the nature of this last contact with the St. Bernard Police Department? (Check the appropriate box)

____ I called to report a problem or incident    ____ I was contacted about a problem or disturbance

____ I was a victim of crime                             ____I was assisted by the department with a vehicle breakdown or lockout

____ I was a witness to a crime                               ____ I was arrested or issued a summons

____ I was involved in an auto accident                 ____ I called the PD for information

____ Other

3. Please check the statement below which best reflects your attitude toward the ・quality of service・ you experienced in this last contact with police officers from the St. Bernard Police Department. (Only Check One)

____ Higher than what I expected    ____ About what I expected  ____ Lower than what I expected   

4. Using the scale below, please rate your last contact in the following areas of service. (Check one rating for each category.)


Exceeded Expectations

Met Expectations

Below Expectations





Solving the problem

Putting you at ease

Professional Conduct

Response Time

Officer・s Attitude

 5. How would you suggest that officers in the St. Bernard Police Department might improve the quality of their services in the future? (Atttach additional pages or use the reverse side of this page if necessary.)


6. Would you please supply the following information about yourself?

Sex M  F Race  White  Black  Hispanic  Asian  Other Age Under 18  18-20  20-30  30-40  40-50  50-60  Over 60

Income Range (Optional)

Under $5000  $5-19,000  $20-34,000  $35-44,000  Over $44,000 


Handicap Parking Application/Rules (Posted 3/9/12)

Handicap Parking Application Rules: If you are handicapped and want to request a parking space you need to obtain an application at the police department. The requesting person must have a state issued handicap license plate or placard and a copy must accompany the application. There must not be any off-street parking facilities. Anyone possessing a handicap plate or placard may park in a designated parking space if this application is approved. The applicant must notify the Police Department when they no longer require the designated place. The Police Department will check the applicant’s address to determine whether or not there is adequate off-street parking facilities and if so, the applicant will be denied the designated space. The Chief of Police and the Safety Director will review/approve/disapprove all applications. Any questions regarding this matter should be directed to the Chief of Police.


Nixle Message Publishing  (Posted 3/4/12)

We are trying to reach the public via a variety of social media networks: the internet (, Facebook (\stbernardpolice) Call Command (Telephone Message Alert system which is an opt in by zip code - if you are not getting messages on your phone send an email or leave a message with your name and phone number asking to be added to the phone alert system)and now we have Nixle alerts (

Most of you are familiar with the internet, facebook and Call Command. However, Nixle is a relatively new public service messaging system for citizens that is free. Messages are created by our PD and assigned a priority level ensuring important information reaches you in a timely manner. (Ie. Police Activity, Road Closure, Weather Alerts etc.) This is a free service that you need to opt in for at the Nixle website. Messages are targeted to specific georgraphic regions. If your address falls within this area - you'll receive the message. You can add as many locations as you'd like from acrosss the country. Simply enter your mobile phone number to receive messages by SMT (text message). You can also receive detailed emails, or simply view the message by logging into your Nixle account. You decide!


Criminal and/or Traffic Records Checks in Hamilton County? (Posted 3/2/12)

We have had some inquiries on how to request a public records criminal check on someone. You can make a request in person at the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office (HCSO) at the Criminal Justice Center (CJC) downtown and pay for a records check at their Records Division located at 1000 Sycamore St. Room 100 Cincinnati, OH 45202 Public Hours 7AM - 3PM Monday-Friday General Information (513) 946-6220 Fax (513) 946-6229 or you can go online to the Hamilton County Clerks Office and go to their website link below and run that person out by name and you can see if they have had contact with the law. This free search will get you in the ball park for what contacts they have had in Hamilton County.



Call on Suspicious Persons (Updated 2/29/12)

Please call us if you see suspicious persons hanging around vacant houses or businesses or neighbors houses who are on vacation etc. We have had some recent incidents in the Village where persons have broken in and stolen copper/metal etc. If someone looks out of place call and we can ID them and check them out. Don't hesitate to call.We have solved many crimes due to phone calls from concerned citizens. If it looks out of place trust your instinct and call.


St Bernard Police Department Alarm System Direct Monitoring Information (Posted 11/22/11)

Alarm systems include areas that are monitored, such as doors and windows. All include a centralized panel or device to send a signal, usually via telephone line or cellular, to a monitoring station. The monitoring station is a central place that acts as the link between the alarm system and whoever is designated to respond to the alarms activation. The police department is typically the responders to the alarms.

There are typically two options with regards to monitoring:

1. Direct Monitoring performed by the St Bernard Police Department. The dispatcher can view the alarm and immediately dispatch officers in the field to respond. This enables a quicker response time.

2. Alarm Company Monitoring is another option for your alarm system. The alarm would be monitored by a company outside of the St Bernard Police Department. This would mean the alarm would go from your residence to the alarm monitoring company where it is reviewed by company personnel. The alarm personnel then make a phone call to the St Bernard Police Department, where the dispatcher would then send officers. The drawback to this is the delay which is incurred due to the third party involvement.

How do I become a direct monitoring customer? If you are a St. Bernard resident or business and currently have an alarm system monitored by an alarm company and want to be monitored directly by the St Bernard Police Department:

The first step is to contact the St Bernard Police Department and request an appointment for a security survey. The security survey will be conducted by a crime prevention officer and the officer will provide the information needed to make the transition to direct monitoring. The contact person is Officer Derek Setters who is our current crime prevention officer.

What fees are involved in direct monitoring?Currently there are no fees for direct monitoring by the St Bernard Police Department.